When it comes to cleaning, there is nothing worse than a vacuum cleaner that doesn’t work. You know that spot; the one that you just have to go over three or four times, and still it’s dirty!
Sometimes, after angrily brushing at the ground, I would, more angrily, chuck the pipe down and bend over just to pick up a tiny speck of paper before letting out a “huff” of exhaustion and resuming my monotonous chore.
Here’s the thing. I worked, part-time, at a back-packers hostel. This means that I had to clean three (Three!) floors and a basement. All that I had to complete this gargantuan task was a tiny, weak Henry. Remember, that little red thing with the face. And an evil smirk that seemed to say, “you missed a spot”.
After slaving for weeks, carrying Henry up and down stairs, I had enough. I did it. I cheated on him.
It started as an innocent online communication. A minute here, a minute there, browsing the Internet and thinking about other models. Eventually, I bought a shiny purple vacuum cleaner that I had read about on Vacuum Companion. It was so expensive, but the reviews were amazing. A few days later it arrived- I wasn’t going to pay for next day shipping!
I received my package with an assortment of vacuum heads, Naturally, I wanted to test it. It was exhilarating. So quiet and yet I didn’t have to bend over once to pick up something to heavy to be sucked into the pipe. Bliss. When the next Sunday came I packed it into a gym bag, and took it with me to work.
10 Reasons to Choose Quality Over Price
- You can do twice as much work in less time.
- You don’t have to worry about vacuum serial killers like wood shavings or sawdust.
- The upkeep on a high quality vacuum is almost non-existent.
- They are durable and long lasting.
- The design is a lot better. I love my little, purple vacuum.
- Suction control is a technology of the future especially when dealing with drapes.
- It doesn’t blow little specks of dust out of the back.
- It’s just so versatile, there are settings for carpets, hardwood floors, etc.
- The additional money spent on quality saves you even more over the year.10. High-quality vacuums work well on more than one surface because not all floors of the same.
- You never have to wonder if you would have been better off spending that extra bit of money for better quality.
Now, my vacuum lives there. I keep it in the office, it’s only taken out when I need it. My work only takes half of the time it used to. Effectively, I’ve doubled my hourly wage. When I’ve cleaned the kitchen I just press a button and it’s optimized for carpet. Life is so much easier and much less stressful. Now I can devote my time to what really matters.
This is why I decided to compile the list of reasons above for why it is worth spending a little extra money to get a whole lot more quality.